Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Envy & Capricorn

The seven deadly sins, Envy.


Thanks for this wonderful picture, Naima. You rock!

Lately, Envy got the best of me. I envy people' financial status, lifestyle, possession & etc. I always thought to myself that 1 day i will have all or some of them.

It really hits me hard when I see people buying things, like gadgets, meals, foods, books & etc, without giving much till no consideration about the price. My experience was when i followed a friend to a book store. He/She bought books based on how popular the book was or his/her favorite author. If i'm not mistaken, it cost about RM300+- and my expression was o.0 Speechless.

The recent book i bought was the Abs Diet by David Zinczenko (one of my 2009 resolution ^^), If i'm not mistaken it took me around 30mins to convince myself to buy the RM48.50 book. I can't believe that i took so long to make up my mind. I guess this habit developed when i have low purchasing power.

Just few days ago, my friend complained that he/she is broke & doesn't have enough money. The best part was he told me his/her EA gross income is RM72k. That is RM6k per month and I don't even earn 50% of that. Sometimes it makes me wonder how is my future going to be if my income doesn't increase.

I believe a lot of people are facing this problem. My next move is to look ways to increase my income. I hope this year i will create something for my future. Who knows what action will that be.

I'm not going to let Envy to kill me, I use it as a motivation to work harder more importantly work smarter.

Enjoy another Naima picture, Capricorn. Night ya

No comments: